Gravel bikes, adventure road bikes, or only adventure bikes, you can call it by any name you like. This bike can take you anywhere and mostly on gravel. Whether your adventure means running to the grocery store, competing in a gravel race, a camping expedition, or commuting to work, these bikes can do it all with ease. And if you do not have one of these then, do not any longer. We are already here to help you decide which adventure bike you should be buying. Therefore, our today’s blog is about 5 extreme adventure bikes under $500.
5 Extreme Adventure Bikes Under $500
Gravel, aka adventure bikes, are sturdy as well as long-lasting as compared to road bikes. Moreover, adventure bikes have become more preferable for cyclists who love to trek mountains because they are much faster than mountain bikes. Cyclists who prefer riding over rough terrains invest in adventure bikes as standard road bikes can not be used for traveling and can be very uncomfortable. Thus, they see adventure bikes as an excellent substitute as it is a combination of a road bike and a cyclocross bike. And what could be better than having a bike with a mixture of all characteristics that too under $500? So if you are still interested, keep on reading and find a perfect adventure bike for under $500. Here are 5 Extreme Adventure Bikes for Under $500:
Diamondback Haanjo Trail 24 Alternative Road Bike under $500
- Chain: KMC HG50, 8-speed
- Headset: Threadless 1 1/8″
- Pedals: Resin platform
- Saddle: Jr. Equip
- Seat Post: Alloy micro-adjust 27.2mm
- Handlebar: DB Jr. alloy Flaro, 400mm wide, 31.8mm bar bore
- Handlebar Shape: Drop Bar Tire Width: 1.37 inches
- Tires: Kenda K161 Kross Cyclo, 24 x 1-3/8
- Wheel Size: 24 inches
- Rear Hub: 28h seam-sealed alloy with CNC disc mount
- Front Hub: 24h seam-sealed alloy with CNC disc mount
- Brake Levers: Shimano Claris, Tektro RX2.0 flat-bar levers
- Brakes: Tektro Mira mechanical disc with 140mm rotors
- Brake Type: Mechanical Disc Brake
- Number of Gears: 16 gear(s)
- Rear Cogs: Shimano HG51, 11-28, 8-speed
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Claris FD-2400
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Claris FD-2400, top pull, 31.8mm clamp diam.
- Shifters: Shimano Claris ST-2400 STI, 2×8
- Bottom Bracket: 5-piece square taper
- Crankset: 155mm alloy arm, CNC alloy outer ring, 46/34
- No Suspension
- Fork: DB Jr. alloy
- Frame: 6061-T6 aluminum alloy
- Aluminum Frame
- Rims: DB Jr. Equation R disc, double-wall
We are not going to start over listing its features because it will be never-ending. As you can see, the characteristics can go on and on, and that is why this adventure bike for under $500 is first on the list.
Diamondback Haanjo trail bike can prove to be a perfect gravel bike choice for youngsters or children. The bike has a comfortable drop-bar handlebar, which makes with adventure bike speedy and grants a comfortable riding position. Made up of 6061 T6 aluminum tubing, this bike is not just featherweight but also durable. Its strong head tube benefits by providing road absorption, an excellent steering response, and control.
Furthermore, the 24x 1-3/8 inch knobby tires are just some of the highlights which people do not generally expect at this pocket-friendly price. But as you know, it is there. And again, how can we forget the 46/36T chainrings for more comfortable and safer touring via urban and rough terrains, plus eight-speed Shimano Claris elements.
Populo Quest 16-Speed Gravel Bike, Chromoly Steel Dirt/Road Bicycle under $500
- Shimano Claris 16-speed drivetrain
- Durable 4130 double butted Cro-Mo steel
- 16 Speeds
- 700 inches Wheel Size
- Chromoly Steel Frame Material
- Black Color
- Size: Small/52cm
- 160mm Tekro disk brakes
This adventure bike will be a choice for those who love to travel on roads but are also big fans of rougher tracks and terrains. Populo Quest adventure bike is an affordably superb bike with fork eyelets and frames that fit almost all sorts of racks and fenders. Not only this, there are more features to talk about. This 16-speed adventure bike is constructed from 4130 double butted Cro-Mo steel that is highly durable. Plus, its powerful 160mm Tekro disk brakes ensure safety and are reliable in all conditions.
Takara Shiro Adventure Bike , 700c
- 700c x 40mm High Volume Tires
- Shimano Drive Train
- Powerful Front and Rear Disc brakes
- Strong High Tensile Steel Frame
- Weight: 42.6 Pounds
- Rear & Front Suspension
- Number of Speeds 21
- Disc Brake Style
- 29 inches Wheel Size
- Steel Frame
- Blue Color
- Size: 50cm/700cm
Okay, so this adventure bike is a great option for anyone looking to try out what an adventure bike does but is quite skeptical. This affordable adventure bike cost almost around $250 only. Isn’t it a great catch? So if your budget is low, you can surely buy this.
You will receive a bike made up of high tensile and robust steel frame with authentic front and rear disk brakes at this great price.
Additionally, this awesome Takara Shiro Adventure bike includes Shimano 21 speed drivetrain and high volume 700c x 40mm tires for speed and smooth transitioning between terrains. This adventure bike for under $500 is surely something.
Retrospec AMOK v3 8-Speed UrbanGravel Commuter Bike under $500
- Caliper Brake style
- Cyclocross Bike type
- Tektro Mechanical Disc Brakes
- 700C Aluminum Alloy Double Wall Rim
- Aluminum Alloy 30mm Rise Handlebars
- Innova Dual Purpose tread tires
- Shimano Acera 8-Speed Derailleur
- 6061 Aluminum Alloy frame
- Weight: 34 Pounds
- Shimano Rapid Fire shifter
- Aluminum Alloy frame
- Size 60cm, X-Large
This fantastic adventure bike comes under $500 with some exciting features, such as 700x40C Innova tires, which can quickly and smoothly manage swift shifts between various terrains. Other features are its Shimano Rapid Fire thumb gear shifter on the handlebar, eight speeds, sleek geometry, 34 Pounds of weight, and BMX pedals.
One can say that the Retrospec AMOK gravel bike is a combination of sophistication and agility.
Mongoose Elroy Extreme Adventure Bike under $500
- 3 Distinct water bottle cage mounts
- Large front rack
- mechanical disc brakes
- 2×7 drivetrain with Shimano Tourney derailleurs
- sleek alloy frame and steel fork
- Weight: 30 Pounds
- Rigid Suspension
- 14 speeds
- Wheel Size: 29 inches
- Aluminum Frame
- Navy Blue Color
- Size: 54cm
This adventure bike comes from the North American company, which has allegedly amazed everyone with a perfect budget-cost gravel bike. For starters, Mongoose Elroy is a multifaceted adventure bike having a steel fork and alloy frame. And the list does not end here. This adventure bike for under $500 has an excellent geometry, best suited for comfy rides, and its 700c wheels make the bike stable, allowing the rider to move bikepacking saddlebags.
Moreover, the bike’s mechanical disc brakes and 2×7 drivetrain with Shimano Tourney derailleurs make this bike the right choice at such a price. This adventure bike’s internal routing of the cables creates an aesthetic look of the bike.