Have you been searching for the lightest, most lucrative and irresistible bike with the unique ability to reverse? Then your tireless efforts have just bore fruits. The BEST FIXED GEAR BIKES are exactly what you need. With incredibly less parts to purchase, the fixie rolls at whatever speed you desire. This bike does not have components such as derailleur, shifters and cassette to cost you more or weigh you down. It is just simple and utterly affordable! Are you always caught up in a traffic snarl-up with no way forward? Simply go for a fixie that will allow you to glide your way out in reverse.
Since there are several makes and sizes of bikes in the market, choosing the best one for you can be such a daunting task. This is why we saw it fit to guide you through this crucial exercise. This buyer’s guide has helped countless bikers choose their dream fixies. With first hand information and experience as riders and owners of these bikes, we enrich your life. This guide comes to seal the existing knowledge gap on these powerful machines. It suits you whether you are a novice, intermediate or expert fixie rider. All your needs are exclusively catered for in this well-researched guide.
WHAT IS FIXED GEAR BIKE?
It has been assumed since time immemorial that everyone knows what ‘fixie’ really means. Well, this is the beautiful nickname of an exquisite bike – the Top Fixed Gear Bikes! You might be wondering why they named it ‘fixie’. The term fixie was derived from the fact that these bikes were designed specially to allow you to pedal the bike in whichever direction. What do I mean? These amazing bikes have their cogs fixed on the rear wheel. These cogs, unlike in other bikes, lack the overrated ball bearing system. This simply means that this is the bike that will give you absolute control over it.
Your pedaling skills are enhanced with this bike because you get to sharpen them while riding this bike. You can move your bike forward or backwards by pedaling in that same direction you wish to go! Isn’t that awesome? The fact that the fixie has fewer parts has made it one of the lightest bikes ever! Your maneuverability is greatly improved when you ride such an amazingly light bike! These bikes are specially designed for riding on a velodrome. The fixed gear also acts as a reliable braking system. You will notice that most of these bikes have drop-handlebars while a few have upright or even straight. These are availed in variety for you to select just what you prefer.
WHO IS THIS GUIDE FOR ?
This guide is for you if you are a bike rider with the ardent desire to enjoy a soulful and flowing ride on an extremely light bike. You could be a new or expert rider, but love to have all the control over your bike. This is for you. The fixed gear bike equips you with biking experience that you will never acquire with any other. You will also find it interesting because it only has fewer components that might interest a thief targeting it along the street. Take up the pleasure of enjoying your biking on this tremendous machine! Get the chance to bond and learn more about your bike. this is because riding this bike is more of an adventure.
We have loads of crucial fixed bike information to quench your thirst in this guide. Get the golden opportunity to learn from us because we have been where you are and done that. We know exactly how scary it feels like when you take up your brakeless bike for a spin. We understand the dilemma of having to choose the best suitable bike as a novice rider. We also understand why you would like to try fixing it on your own rather than with the help of a professional – the times are hard financially. We have it all covered, all you need to do is trust us to assist you.
HOW WE PICKED THE TOP 10 BEST FIXED GEAR BIKES
The cost of the bike
The price at which you acquire a bike determines a lot. It also depicts the quality of the machine in question. The top ten bikes that we picked had one particular characteristic in common: they were affordable. The affordability of these bikes goes a long way in determining whether they waste away on the store’s shelves or are bought. Affordable and top-notch quality bikes are the best. Most riders prefer them particularly because they are easy to operate, maintain and assemble.
The best fixie lasts long and does not break down every now and then. We considered the frame material, the wheels, presence of spokes and the brakes. Bikes with steel or aluminum frames are often considered to be extremely sturdy and resistant to wear and tear. Such bikes found their way into the list of top ten. A bike with a steel fork is resistant to shock as the spokes absorbs shock. This leads to a highly durable product as opposed to a bike without a shock absorber.
A good bike is one which accords its rider with ultimate comfort. As we were choosing the top ten bikes, we took this very crucial factor into consideration. A bike’s parts can give some level of comfort, according to the way It is designed. The saddle’s shape, size and position matter greatly where matters of comfort are concerned. The type of handlebar, its grip and firmness also were considered during the selection.
The best fixed gear bikes are generally light in weight. The weight of a bike has a direct impact on its ability to speed up. Therefore, we considered the lightest bikes among the best. One spectacular reason why this bike is cheap is the fact that it is free of parts such as shifter, derailleur and cassettes.
Effectiveness of the brake system
Fixies often come with coaster brakes. The brake ensures your total safety as you ride your bike. Therefore, we had to check out the bikes with the most effective brakes in our search for the top ten bikes. However, the expert riders have perfected their art of riding the bikes without the brakes. All they do is that they let their feet do the braking. There is a misconception that riding a brakeless bike is crazy, no its not! On the contrary, it is super exciting! All you need is ample time practicing on this admired art. You will realize that the rare wheel skid can be made so flawless and easy!
TOP 10 BEST FIXED GEAR BIKES REVIEWS
Pure Fix Original Fixed Gear Single Speed Fixie Bike is elegant and exquisite. It is a culmination of simplicity and class. Its strength is beyond reproach and is attributed to the highly durable steel component. This is one of the best and most loved bikes in the market today.
- V-drome saddle for ultimate comfort: As you race, you require extreme comfort. This is why this bike has a saddle customized for ultimate comfort all the way.
- Stainless steel frame and fork: Your money is very valuable hence the need to invest in a bike that is worth every dime. Pure Fix Original Fixed Gear Single Speed Fixie Bike is durable, sturdy and strong. The steel frame and fork give the bike the strength and sturdiness to allow you enjoy rides for longer.
- Lasered, Pure-fix KT quando Hub: this is a flip-flop hub on the rear wheel that makes it so easy to change the speed from single to fixed gear.
- Easy to remove front brakes: This bike is that which you can ride without the brakes, thanks to its fixed gear mechanism. Hence, you might wish to remove the brakes. To do this, you need not worry about calling any engineer, simply remove it!
- Deep, dish shaped wheels (50 mm): The wheel of a bike is one very important part. This bike has deep wheels for extreme strength, durability and speed. A wheel that is deep also helps to absorb as much shock as possible as you ride on it.
- 60mm Pressure retaining Presta Valves on the tires: The tires retain air pressure after inflation. This is very important since your bike needs to withstand long rides before being inflated.
- It is has a one year warranty on the bike parts with a lifetime warranty on the frame.
- It is pretty fast.
- The saddle ensures you are most comfortable when you ride.
- You have a wide variety of styles to choose from when it comes to the handlebar, water bottle cage, saddles and foot-strap you desire or prefer.
- Ultimate frame strength and sturdiness hence extreme durability.
- You have to get the bike assembled by a professional in order to be accorded the manufacturer’s warranty on frame or bike parts. This can be quite expensive.
This is the ultimate bike for you. You do not have to be a hipster to ride this powerful bike! it is for everyone interested in experiencing the adrenaline rush as they ride! Try it out and feel the difference from the rest!
Retrospec Mantra Fixie Bicycle with Sealed Bearing Hubs is your bike of choice. It is suitable for all your commuter, competition, racing and cruiser needs. It is well customized for all these tasks and more!
- Tig welded, hand built urban-comfort frame: The manner in which this frame has been designed and made qualifies it for a wide variety of functions. It is extremely strong and sturdy, making it utterly durable and reliable. It can withstand the pressures of commuting, racing and beach cruises.
- Deep V- shaped rims: this amazing feature enables you to ride on a free-wheel, whether on single speed or fixed gear.
- Equipped with Standard Retrospec –FGFS reflectors and straps- The bike is endowed with standard features of the retrospect model such as reflectors and straps. These are crucial as they make you clearly visible to other road users, hence improved safety.
- Kenda-West made tires with rounded treads: The essence of having rounded and smooth treads on the tires is to enable them disperse water. This is for your own safety and cleanliness.
- Hub with sealed bearing: the bearings on the hub are sealed to ensure that they are intact for friction reduction and easing movement.
- Comfortable saddle: The saddle is well-designed to give you top-notch comfort as you ride this bike. Your back is totally catered for as the saddle is adjustable for you.
- Seat clamp that is integrated: this is specially designed for additional comfort especially for your back as you ride the bike.
- Water bottle holder: this is to ensure that you stay well hydrated as you enjoy your rides on this amazing bike.
- Retrospec Mantra Fixie Bicycle with Sealed Bearing Hubs is an extremely comfortable bike.
- The frame is strong, sturdy and highly durable.
- The bike is affordable.
- The wheels give you added comfort and are extremely durable.
- The reflectors ensure that you are safe on the road.
- You are always well hydrated as you ride, thanks to the provision for your water bottle on the bike.
- Two brakes could have been better, but still it functions pretty well.
This is one of the most affordable bikes you can choose from. With such elaborate features to enhance its comfort, you can never go wrong with the Retrospec Mantra Fixie Bicycle with Sealed Bearing Hubs.
Critical Cycles Harper Single-Speed Fixed Gear Urban Commuter Bike is a world-class bike with a special combination for ensuring that your rides are smooth and comfortable.
- Steel frame, built by hand: this frame is well designed to last for longer periods of time. Steel also makes the bike strong and extremely sturdy, able to go through different terrains.
- Wanda tires with 30mm V-shaped rims: These tires are very strong hence you won’t have to replace them often. They are also very comfortable to ride on. They make this bike flexible for commuting to various destinations.
- Hub, flip-flop in nature: If you love riding on freewheel, then this feature allows you. It does not matter whether you are riding on single-speed or on fixed gear mode.
- Utmost comfort: The saddle is designed to give you the best and most comfortable ride ever! It is also easy to adjust according to your preferences.
- All tools included: you do not have to spend anything more to acquire the necessary bike maintenance and repair tools. They are all included in this beautiful package.
- Critical Cycles Harper Single-Speed Fixed Gear Urban Commuter Bike is very stylish.
- You have to spend less energy riding this bike because it is very light.
- It lasts longer because its steel frame.
- It comes with tools that you require for bike repair and maintenance.
- This is a bike that can be afforded by all riders.
- New riders find it hard to ride this bike without the breaks on.
Critical Cycles Harper Single-Speed Fixed Gear Urban Commuter Bike is the best and most affordable commuter bike. It is equipped with special features that work together to ensure you enjoy a smooth and comfortable ride.
The state bicycle Co Fixed Gear Fixie Single Speed Bike is sleek and stylish. Its chrome frame and fork ensure that corner negotiations are a breeze. The affordability of this machine makes it the perfect choice for bikers.
- Chrome-made fork and frame: Chrome is a light material that is durable and strong. It accords this bike great sturdiness accompanied by the rustproof property. Your rides are made effortless and smooth because you get to spend less energy pedaling the bike uphill.
- Deep 43mm rims: this feature gives the bike a stable stature. The deep rims also enhance the comfort as you ride this machine.
- Fixed and freewheel cogs- you are privileged to ride on both fixed and free wheel on this bike.
- Wide, stable tires (700 x 23c): As you ride this bike, you will experience such utmost comfort. The wheels are wide enough to give you a smooth, bump-free ride.
- Comfortable saddle with a 27mm seat-post: This bicycle is customized to protect your back from chronic aches. The saddle and seat post are designed to accord you with the best biking experience ever.
- Lightweight aluminum track-wheels: the bike’s wheels are light because of their aluminum material. They also possess great strength, durability and do no rust. The wheels enhance this machine’s ability to go fast.
- Tape-wrapped aluminum bullhorn handlebars: the handlebars to this bike are specially made to give you a leisure filled ride. Your hands get a comfortable place to rest as you cruise your way across town.
- Alloy Wellgo pedals free: As a highly esteemed biker, you are gifted with free alloy pedals once you purchase this powerful bike.
- The bike is easily portable and can be ridden at high speeds because it is light in weight.
- The frame is rust free hence very resilient.
- It is an economic bike.
- You can enjoy a leisurely ride on this bike as it is very comfortable.
- Get to enjoy a one year warranty .
- The bike comes with free pedals, saving you a couple of dollars that you would have used to buy new ones.
- You will need to exert more pressure on your pedals as you go uphill since this bike depends on your pedaling for propulsion.
Your biking experience can be taken a notch higher with this amazing bike. With a free pair of pedals, you can enjoy your stress free rides at an affordable cost.This is the bike that you have been longing to have. It has very special features that make it loved by most riders. Its bullhorn handlebar is just top-notch!
Vilano Rampage Fixed Gear Fixie Single Speed Road Bike is the best bike for cruising around the neighborhood. It is extremely light and hence easy to ride especially when negotiating around sharp corners. You will especially love its top-notch comfort.
- Tag welded frame with a beautiful geometry: This bike’s frame is specially formulated to last long and withstand different weather patterns. It has a fork for added strength and durability.
- The twin-walled deep V rims with anodized wheel ste and hubs: these are special for riders who love to ride on freewheel on either single-speed or fixed gear. The wheel-set makes your ride comfortable all the way.
- Free pedals just for you: this bike gives you the privilege to enjoy a free set of pedals to replace the ones the come with the bike when they wear out.
- Extremely durable: The welded frame makes the bike so strong and sturdy, hence durable. You save a lot of money since you do not have to worry yourself replacing the bike components prematurely.
- Strong tires: Since this bike is built to ride on different terrains, it is particularly equipped with tires that are strong and durable.
- Alloy Crank set: this is specially forged to suit your biking needs especially because it is replaceable.
- The Vilano Rampage Fixed Gear Fixie Single Speed Road Bike is inexpensive.
- The bike is suitable for comfortable rides.
- Highly robust fixed gear bike.
- It can be carried with ease up and down stairs since it is light in weight.
- Comes with brakes on both wheels.
- Some riders have complained of the brake-pads being noisy whenever they apply brakes.
If you are looking for road bike with a touch of style, then this is the bike for you. It is durable and extremely affordable for you.
6KU Aluminum Single Speed Fixie Urban Track Bike is a classic choice. It is both solid and affordable for you. With the aluminum component, this track bike is one of the lightest bicycles you will ever own. It is also durable, thanks to the rust proof property of aluminum.
- Rust free aluminum frame: Aluminum frames are extremely light, durable and rust proof. This makes this bike one very special machine. It will give you an easy time operating because its materials are durable. You get to save a lot of money that you would have otherwise spent on repair and maintenance.
- Alloy fork -1 1/8 inch: for extremely smooth rides, you should buy this bike because it has reliable shock absorbers. The fork ensures that you are comfortable as you cruise.
- Super comfortable saddle: the saddle is designed to give you great comfort. Its adjust-ability makes it even better for your back.
- It is single-speed: the track bike is specially formulated for leisure rides around the beach, town or neighborhood.
- Flip flop hub: this ensures that you enjoy a free wheel ride anytime you want. You do not have to worry about whether the bike is on single speed or fixed gear. It works for both.
- Suitable for leisure rides.
- Resilient to wear and tear.
- Easily affordable bike.
- Highly recommended for novice riders.
- It is easy to assemble as the process is straight forward.
- Free pedals for better performance.
- The model comes without a kickstand.
This is the best track bike for you if you need enhanced comfort with a touch of style and strength.
Golden Cycles Fixed Gear Single Speed Fixie Road Bike is the riders’ favorite. It gives you a comfortable, hassle free and smooth ride. For the best and most exciting cruises, this is the most recommended bike!
- High tensile Steel frame with fork: The steel frame is well known for great strength, sturdiness and extreme durability. It is specially formulated to withstand all weather conditions.
- The deep Alloy rims: If you love going free wheel at times when your feet are tired pedaling, then this special feature will do the magic.
- Reliable and extremely durable: steel is a long lasting metal. It gives this bike great durability. You have to worry less about replacing the bike sooner than the expected time.
- 700c x 25 brakes (Kenda): The tires have their front radius forged with alloy for additional reliability and strength. The brakes are to ensure that you are safe on the road.
- The pedals are BMX: These bikes rely mostly on your pedaling ability to move forward or backwards. Thus the reason for these amazing pedals. They are strong and highly durable.
- Alloy riser handlebars: These handlebars are made of a material that is extremely durable and totally comfortable for your hands.
- 32 sealed ball bearings in a flip-flop hub: The hub ensures that you enjoy a free-wheel ride without a hitch.
- The Golden Cycles Fixed Gear Single Speed Fixie Road Bike’s assembly is so easy.
- It is affordable and hence very friendly to your pocket
- It is a heavy-duty bike because of steel’s strength.
- The bike is made to avail extreme comfort for you
- The handle bars not being comfortable to grip, especially in hot weather or when you’re sweating.
This is the most comfortable road bike suitable for leisurely cruises around town. You can also use it as a commuter bike.
Schwinn Haven Single-Speed Urban Road Bike 2016 is the best performing bike in the urban setting. It is endowed with style making it the rider’s favorite. Its sleekness is as a result of the strong steel frame is has. This makes is worth every single dollar you spend on it.
- Sleek and strong steel frame: steel frame makes the bike sturdy and long lasting. It also ensures that the bike stays in good condition for longer, saving you unnecessary expenditures on repair.
- Double walled deep V-shaped rims: The depth of these rims gives you a ride of your life. They serve to provide additional comfort and smoothness to your biking experience.
- Unique tires 700 x 25 c: These are tires that last. They are tough and can withstand harsh weather conditions. Their width gives you ultimate comfort.
- Caliper Alloy-made Brakes: As a new rider, you can now smile as your safety is guaranteed with these reliable brakes intact.
- A Flip-flop hub on rear wheel: this amazing feature enables you to ride on a free-wheel, whether on single speed or fixed gear. the bearings on the hub are sealed to ensure that they are intact for friction reduction and easing movement.
- You do not have to hire a professional assembler for the bike is easy to assemble.
- It is economical to buy this bike.
- It is robust thanks to the steel frame.
- All its features work together to give you top-notch comfort.
- The steel frame when exposed is prone to rust.
You can now have the same bike model for the whole of your family. This is because; this bike is available in different sizes.
700c Kent Thruster Men’s Fixie Bike, Yellow/ blue is a classic choice. It is both solid and affordable for you. It has a steel frame, so sleek and strong to give you a durable machine. It is best suited for outdoor recreational activities.
- Available in Yellow/ Blue hues: For an urban road bike, these amazing colors are perfect for your outdoor activities. They also serve to lighten your mood on a dull day.
- Durable Steel fork and frame: this frame gives your bike a long lasting body. It also equips this machine with the strength and sturdiness it requires to accommodate all men riders.
- Chain protector: This chain guard is put in place to protect your legs from the chain. It also serves to keep the chain intact and in the right place through out your ride.
- Comfort beyond measure: This bike is equipped with a saddle that is comfortable and easy to adjust to suit your needs.
- Flip flop hub: if you often love to have a pedal-free ride, then this feature ensures that you enjoy a free wheel ride anytime you want.
- Rear and front brakes: in order for you to enjoy a stable and safe ride, this bike is equipped with brakes for both wheels.
- Alloy made rim: This is a strong and durable material making the rim of high quality. It serves to enhance your comfort as you ride this bike.
- It has a comfortable saddle and handlebar.
- It is colorful for outdoor recreational activities.
- Very hard-wearing.
- Quite inexpensive.
- Highly recommended for novice riders.
- Assembling the bike is straight forward.
- Free pedals for better performance.
- The bike comes with weak inner tubes that flat out easily hence the need to replace them.
This is the best track bike for you if you need enhanced comfort with a touch of style and strength.
Dublin Single Speed Fixie Bike is a classic and stylish bike specially designed for strength, leisure and durability. It is very cheap and easy to ride.
- The Geometry is suitable for racing: this bike has a frame specially designed for your racing needs. Your comfort is ensured as you race on this amazing machine.
- Deep- V shaped rims: 43mm: For the perfect and flawless ride, these rims are installed. They ensure your ride goes on smoothly.
- Comfortable bullhorn handlebars: Apart from the fact that these bars are well designed, they are also quite comfortable.
- Durable tires: This bike has tough tires, able to withstand all weather conditions. They save you a lot of money that would have gone in premature replacement of the tires.
- Dual caliper brakes on rear and front wheels: Caliper brakes are the best. They give you reliable and safe brakes whenever you need them.
- Hub that is Flip-flop: for an awesome freewheel ride, this feature comes in handy. It allows you to rest your feet from pedaling for a while.
- The Dublin Single Speed Fixie Bike comfortable to ride.
- It is low-priced hence a better option.
- Steel frame makes it tough and resilient to damage.
- You save money because you can assemble the bike without a professional.
- The handlebar not staying tightly when riding.
For the best biking experience, full of utmost comfort and leisure, Dublin Single Speed Fixie Bike is highly recommended.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST FIXED GEAR BIKES
Whether you are buying it for the first or third time, buying fixed gear bikes requires careful consideration. Ensure you consider the following top 11 factors:
You need a bike that matches your size. Are you 6’2 tall? You may exceed normal sizing, and may strain when riding most of the models. So, you need to consider your size vs. the size of the bicycle you intend to buy. The best way is to ride a friend’s bike (if it’s the one you prefer to buy) and see whether its size suits you. You can also consult staff from a few bike shops so they suggest which bike suits your size.
The bike’s weight
Do you stay on the second floor of your flat or higher? Chances are you will carry the bicycle because leaving it outside at night will be exposing it to theft. The best fixed gear bikes tend to be lighter, and so you should easily find a model that weighs 20 pounds or less.
Low maintenance design
Well, if you are looking for low maintenance models, single speeds are awesome. I would also prefer a coaster brake i.e. the back-pedal brake, and a great chain case, possibly even a full-chain casing if you can withstand the weight. If you intend to use the bike in wet climates, an aluminum case may be a plus since the chromo (steel) can quickly rust without proper maintenance in winter where it’s possible to spot salt on the roads.
Ensure the bike has rack mounts if you intend to carry anything heavier than your backpack. The rack mounts are even more useful in hot weather, as carrying a backpack daily in such weather will make it old really fast.
Will you ride even when roads are wet? Water can easily spray off the tires and soak your pants; not so cool if you were riding to work or a date. The remedy for this is to ensure the bike had fenders or at least room to add fenders.
While it is easy to find a bike under $500, it is also easy to find pricey ones. And when it comes to the cost, you should not only consider how much you can part with, but also how much you would like to part with. Will you use your bike to commute from your home to the office or you will lock it up outside often? If you intend to use it for commuting purposes, then you probably need a sturdy and durable bicycle whose cost maybe a bit higher than that of a lockup bike.
The colors of bikes are as many as their price points. You will find bikes with a single color like black. You will also find those with a blend of colors such as yellow/green, blue/grey and more. We all have different preferences when it comes to color, and so you may want to choose what appeals to you the most. While an all-black bike may not resonate with your personality, potential thieves might find it less attractive.
What would you like to use the bike for? Do you intend to use it for racing, being a messenger, doing tricks or as a stunt on the fixed gear gallery? Your answer to this question will affect your choice accordingly. If you would like to race, for example, you will need a bike with strong handle bars, a comfortable seat and steady brakes. As you can see, the purpose of the bike will determine the specs you look for before buying it.
When it comes to the frame material, the number of choices is limited. And you don’t need to be a professor in metallurgy to grasp this. Well, carbon fiber, nope. Aluminum will get dented fast and rattle you into pieces. What about hi-ten steel? It’s cheap but it won’t serve you for long; although it’s a great option for a lockup ride. Ideally, go with the chromoly steel whether it is from the big guns like True Temper or Reynolds or from other brands. A good frame needs to serve you for years.
The bicycle’s parts are essential too. Any bike enthusiast knows that upgrading is inevitable; you need to replace most components as they wear out. Before buying the bike, consider the wheel set. Ensure its hoops are alloy and the hubs are properly sealed. Pedals and saddle are an individual’s preference and you can easily swap them as soon as you purchase the bike.
Most companies outsource their manufacturing these days, and so, heritage isn’t so much of a big deal. However, there is still something powerful about say, Celeste green Bianchi. While such a heritage may come with its cost, it is worth it. But again, it all depends on you. If you are not the bike’s history, focus on the price, frame, and other aspects.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FIXED GEAR & SINGLE SPEED BIKES
A fixed gear is a bike with a single gear, hence qualifying to be a type of single speed bike. It however, lacks brakes. A single speed bike on the other hand, has one gear and has brakes. A fixed gear bike also lacks the mechanism for bike coasting when you are not pedaling. This means that for you to move the bike, you have to pedal the fixie.
This is not the case with single speed bikes. With a single speed bike, you are able to coast the bike around even when not pedaling. Best fixed gear bikes have this unique ability to be reversed by the backward pedaling feature. Single speed bikes however do not poses this special feature.
Fixed gear bikes are lighter and cheaper than other bikes because of their fewer components. They are super comfortable and come in various sizes to suit your specific needs. These amazing bikes are classy and easy ride. They often have a removable coaster brake in case you love to ride without brakes! As opposed to the common belief that this is a risky trend, brakeless riding has become one of the trendiest and exciting experiences! Outlined below are some of the best fixed gear bikes’ specifications:
Sturdy and strong frames
The best fixed gear bikes have stainless steel or aluminum frames. These metals guarantee the bike’s sturdiness, strength and durability. Aluminum has the additional rust-proof and light weight features. You should buy these bikes because you are certain of getting back your money’s value with them.
Deep V rimmed tires with flip flop hubs
Fixed gear bikes are designed for enhanced comfort and durability. Their wheels have deep rims for better positioning of the bike. The flip-flop hubs enable you to ride on a free-wheel. This is so much excitement.
The best fixed gear bikes are designed with brakes that can be removed so easily. As learner riders, it is paramount to have the brakes intact. However, with time and experience, the brakes become unnecessary hence the need to remove them. Expert riders enjoy cruising without the brakes since they can control the bikes with a simple pedal.
No shifters, derailleur or cassettes
The best fixed gear bikes are extremely light bikes. They do not have these parts making them less targeted by thieves along the streets. You also get to enjoy assembling only a few parts, making the process so easy and fast.
THE BUDGET PICK OF THE BEST FIXED GEAR BIKES
Pure Fix Original Fixed Gear Single Speed Fixie Bike is among the cheapest best fixed gear bikes you can possibly get. With a strong and sturdy aluminum frame, it is very light. This bike also enables you to enjoy some speed as you cruise along the beach. It has been rated among the best fixed gear bikes because of the fact that it is the favorite among many riders.
You will also realize that its handlebar is very sturdy. This is because it is made of steel. This is a great advantage for you as you are able to make swift corners with this machine. It is our budget pick because its price is the most affordable.
This exquisite commuter bike is powerful. It has reflectors, super comfortable urban frame and tough tires from Kenda Kwest. It is perfect for your daily commuting needs as well as beach cruises.
This monster is super stylish with a touch of class. It is specially designed to suit your urban commuting needs and is extremely durable.
BEST IN MY OPINION
The Pure Fix Original Fixed Gear Single Speed Fixie Bike is a bike to reckon with. It is the best bike in my opinion because it is fashionable, extremely durable, and very light in weight and offers you with extreme comfort. Its affordability makes it one very special bike because its high quality far much exceeds its price. It is built to suit your tastes and preferences.
Its wheels are designed with a deep V-rim for added comfort and stability. It has a frame made of tensile steel hence giving it ultimate durability. You can also enjoy electrifying brake-free rides on this bike because it has an easy to remove brake. The rear flip-flop hub on the bike give you an exciting time as you change from single speed to fixed gear mode.
Riding fixed gear bikes is one of the most electrifying experiences you will ever have in your life. The freedom and sense of control the riding brings is unfathomable. These bikes are more or less companions than devices because, the more you ride them, the better you learn about them and bond.
Being extremely affordable, many bikers across the globe like fixed gear bikes. This is mainly because these bikes are affordable, easy to assemble and fun to ride around. They do give you a certain sense of control and freedom on the road. It enables you to “cheat wind” and rewards you with a deep sense of satisfaction. You can now cruise across the beach without a care in the world, and still manage to stay physically fit at the end of the day!